Wednesday, December 7, 2011

2011 Coming To A Close


Wow, is it really possible that 2011 is almost over already? How can it be that another year has come and gone and I managed to accomplish nothing yet again?!?! Nah, I'm just kidding...this year has actually been interesting, fun and challenging in many ways. So here's my recap of the events that stand out the most to me.

Purchased a new car! Now that everything has been settled with my accident, I was able to buy a car and by buy, I mean buy :) Not having a car payment is SO nice!

I moved into my new apartment that I almost burned down my first day there. In the short months that I've lived here, I have quickly fallen in love with my home. Love everything about it and it feels so wonderful coming home each night.

A major highlight this year was the birth of my new nephew Nathan! Nothing compares to the feeling of having a new baby to snuggle and love on. What makes this experience even better is the fact that the second he begins to fuss or cry, I can immediately give him back to his mommy. Aww, the perks to being an aunt :)

In this last year, I feel like I've really been an asset to both places I work for. Work has always been rewarding for me but there's something about knowing you're truly needed or make a difference.

If any of you know my Dad, you'll know he's pretty knowledgeable when it comes to the gospel. On a few separate occasions this year in attending his gospel doctrine class, I knew some of the answers to the questions he asked. This may not be a big deal to some of you, but for me it is HUGE! I am often envious of my father and wish I knew more when it comes to the gospel. Although my learning process is beyond slow, understanding and even knowing what he was talking about before the other class members was very rewarding as it shows me that I am making progress!

Now for the 2 biggest events that have or are taking place! I have come to have a new love and appreciation for my family. Many wonderful people have come in and out of my life and have left lasting impressions, but it is my family who is consistently and always there for me. They are the people I can laugh and joke with. The ones I go to for support and advice. My sounding board at times, and the ones who see the real me...including my faults and weaknesses. I realize that they are everything to me. What a blessing they have been and will continue to be in my life!

Last and perhaps the most crazy, exciting and scary of all is the move I'll be making the end of this year. I'm doing something so out of character for me and moving 2,000 miles away to North Carolina! Weird right? Ya, I can't believe I'm doing it either. My mom pointed out the other night to me how I often feel right about a decision but, at times, talk myself out of it because I'm afraid to do it. Well this is me not talking myself out of moving. Although it terrifies me and the thought of leaving my family makes me sick to my stomach, I'm trusting the Lord and taking that step in the dark and hoping my faith will guide and direct me.

Needless to say, this has been a learning year for me and I hope the lessons I've learned stay with me always. I'm incredibly blessed and give thanks for all that has been sent my way! I wish my friends and family a very Merry Christmas and hope you can take a second and reflect on all the good that this year has brought. The good may be hard to find, but if we really look, we will always find it :)

2 comments:

  1. Annie! I know we haven't seen each other in a really long time. But it sounds like you've had such a great year. Good for you! What is sending you to North Carolina??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have nothing to worry about and nothing to fear. I will always be here for you and just like I bragged this morning... I can be in Wilmington in as little as two days driving. Have no fear.

    I sure do love ya, kiddo! Thanks for being a great sister!

    ReplyDelete